We here at “Catholic Portal Central” are spending time and effort moving to VuFind version 1.3. To this end I have implemented a number of things as per our usability studies as well as begun to skin the underlying “blueprint” theme. Give it a whirl and share your thoughts — http://vufind.library.nd.edu
I have implemented a prototype for linking items found in the “Catholic Portal” to CRRA member institutions.
Based on our usability studies and conference call from the other day I have created a (more or less) prioritized list of fixes/enhancements to be applied to the “Portal”:
- add a a note to the email dialog box denoting how the from field is mandatory and requires an email address
- create a directory of institutions, and from search results hyperlink institutions’ names to the directory
- update the “Portal” look & feel (theme) so it is based on the “blueprint” theme
- turn off the “Suggested Topics” feature
- fix the author searches so when author names are clicked the content displays correctly
- make the login links float to the right instead of the left
- change the red text — such as the text in the search box — to black
- change the login label to read “Login / Create account”
On my mark. Get set. Go.
CRRA UPDATE February 2012
Comments, questions, suggestions, please …
This Update focuses on the just-released Draft Plan of the Five Year Strategic Planning Task Force.
Task Force chair, Lorraine Olley, asks that you please review the draft plan and send your comments, questions or suggestions to Lorraine or any member of the Task Force by Friday, February 17, 2012.
Your input into our future directions is most critical to our success, and we thank you in advance for your input.
Please see Lorraine’s announcement and the Draft Plan, below and on our website.