Dear CRRA Colleagues,
We are pleased to invite you, members of your staff, students and faculty at your institution to a symposium to be held November 9-10, 2011 at Duquesne University. Invited Catholic scholars and librarians will discuss the “state of the art” of Catholic scholarship, directions that scholarship is headed, and how libraries, archives, and member organizations support and nurture future Catholic scholars and scholarship.
Continue reading “Advancing Catholic Scholarship: A Symposium at Duquesne [call for posters, details]”
These are notes (to myself, mostly) on how to upgrade VUFind from a local “sandbox” version to a production version. But they are also documented here, just in case I win the lottery and start enjoying umbrella drinks on some Caribbean island.
Continue reading “How to upgrade VUFind”
I believe I have just finished upgrading the production version of VUFind — the software driving the “Catholic Portal” — to version RC3107 which is somewhere between version 1.1 and 1.2. This upgrade addresses at least a couple of usability issues, specifically:
- wording in regards the linking of online finding aids
- toggling the check box associated with filters
With this version there are also quite a number of additional records in the underlying index — around 280,000. This is because the finding aids (EAD files) have been indexed more completely.
Next steps include:
- turning on Google site maps to facilitate better SEO (search engine optimization)
- installing version 1.2 in the “sandbox” environment
- implementing the results of other CRRA member usability studies
- figuring out how to speed up the indexing process
- figuring out how to check for valid MARC records and thus paving the way for better automated updating.
Wish us luck.