This page has become the home page for the usability efforts of the “Catholic Portal”.
The Digital Access Committee had a conference call on Thursday, May 12. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss usability studies. The resources (time and money) required to do the studies was emphasized. Similarly, the need to have the studies done with the intended audience of the Portal — upper-class man, graduate students, faculty, and scholars — was also stressed.
Ideally each institutional member of the Committee will facilitate and complete a set of usability studies by Christmas. In that vein, the following tentative list of who will do studies by has been drafted:
- Seton Hall during June/July
- University of Toronto during July/August
- Marquette University during August/September
- Georgetown University during late August/early September
- Catholic Theological Union during September
- Villanova University during September/October
Individual committee members are expected to communicate with the committee as a whole by May 27 with more definite commitments.
For more information about the usability studies, see “Doing usability against the ‘Catholic Portal’“